Monday, August 12, 2013

Lake George Day 2

This morning we got up early- again. This time we were headed to the woods for a challenge. The place was called Adirondack Extreme and if you're wondering, it's several rope courses up in the trees. We sat through an instructional session and a safety lesson and then climbed our way up. You are always hooked onto a wire, and guides are everywhere. The first course was just to get the hang of things, but the courses get harder as time goes on. My mom made it 1/2 way through the first course (she's not that athletic) and my Dad completed three. To get from one course to the other, you have to zip line down. It was so much fun!  You could take your time, and you has a lot of freedom. I loved tight rope walking and stepping on swinging logs to get across. The courses got more interesting as we went on, and you didn't know what to expect!

Now for the difficult part. My older brother, Tom and I went on the Black course, or the extreme one. We were warned we needed upper body strength, and we both thought we could do it. I was lucky enough to have no one behind me, so I could take my time. I was not expecting to leap long distances from a swinging log to another swinging log. We had to carry ourselves on monkey bars across to another platform. The worst and most draining was a Tarzan swing into a spider-like net, climb up it and then climb across a bunch of these nets to other nets. It was SO tiring. My arms started to give out, and I wanted this just to be over. The last obstacle before the zip line  was random hanging items that you had to leap to from the last. There was rings, logs, and ropes all very far apart. I got stuck. Go figure. My brother was already done with the course. I couldn't grab the hand ring to swing myself across. It took me forever. My family and some strangers kept cheering me on and I'll admit I was kinda embarrassed. I finally made it to the zip line and I was shaking really badly. I would have been less wobbly if I hadn't done 5 courses before this one! 
Oh well, I still had an amazing day! 
(My brother on the zip line)

Thank you so much for reading, and feel free to ask/comment anything. I hope you get up into the trees and try it out. It was so entertaining I spent 5 hours in the trees (and maybe a two hour nap afterwards)! Enjoy and see you next blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment