Saturday, August 17, 2013

End of Lake George (Day 3 and 4)

Of course with my luck, it rained the third day we were there. So we basically didn't  do anything exciting or too entertaining. My mom and I went shopping, while my brothers played mini golf with Mart (my dad). I bought a nice sweatshirt, a hanging seashell ornament, and sailor bracelets for two of my friends back home. 
On day four,  we got up early on in the chilly morning and rented kayaks at the boat house. We were wearing sweatshirts at first, but the day warmed up as we went on. I was in a kayak with my dad, my mom and my younger brother were together and my older brother was by himself. Of course my brothers managed to pick a fight out on the water, and caused my dad to get very angry. He splashed the water with his paddle, and sprayed water all over me. You know, it had to still be the colder morning. We continued on anyway, and traveled around the island. After a few hours we returned the kayaks and headed back to our resort. 
The day before, we tried going up a mountain in foggy rain. Which was a BAD  idea. We couldn't see more than 10feet in front of us. We tried going up the same mountain again. We could see an indescribable view. These pictures don't do any justice, but I hope they give you an idea.


 My dad had this "great" idea to hike down a trail through the forrest on the way down. We were not expecting to almost fall flat on our faces with every step we took. It was a steep downhill rough path that was a mixture of rock, stone, dried up pine needles and dirt. We all struggled on the way down. Everyone coming up was huffing and puffing like the wolf from "Little Red Riding Hood." Honestly, I would have given up 1/4 the way up. We eventually met my mom at one of the trail's ends with all of us ready to hop into the car. 
We stopped in the cute, tourist town for awhile. My brothers decided they wanted to go mini-golfing again! As a result, we grabbed ice cream and headed to the creative mini-golf course. I highly suggest you see this fun course if you're in the area. We played for fun, and my dad messed with the scored along the way. Here's a look at some of the "Around the World" holes! 
We grabbed dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant in Bolton. They brought us down from the parking lot on a golf cart! I thought this was so cool! The food was only ok, but the view from the eating platform was lovely. We we're almost in the water! We soon returned to the cabin to pack because we were leaving early the next day (we may have also made some s'mores;)). 
We left early the next morning, and the journey home felt long. I loved the 4 days  we spent in Lake George, and I wish we were there longer! I hope My family goes back there next year for a trip because it really is a beautiful place. 
I know this was a long post, so thanks for reading thus far. Feel free to leave your thoughts below! See you next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment