Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Taking the Plunge!

First of all, Happy New Year! It is currently New Years Day, and I am ready to start off fresh. To begin my year, I took part in the "Polar Bear Plunge" in Coney Island. Basically, you donate to the charity they are supporting that year and jump into the Atlantic Ocean in the freezing cold. It is a pretty big event, with thousands of people lining up on the beach. Here's the link to the organization of this year - Camp Sunshine. Camp Sunshine provides services for children with life-threatening illnesses. Check out their website-http://www.campsunshine.org/
I was supposed to meet up with a friend, but it was a little hectic and I didn't find her until after she had already gone. The water was freezing and it was about 30 degrees outside! I was hesitant, but I went in to get it over with. It wasn't too bad in the water, but once I got out I suffered. My toes became numb and my fingers frozen. My torso didn't suffer much and I quickly piled my clothes back on. My dad snapped some pictures during the whole thing, so enjoy!
Before the plunge!






 


Running out as fast as possible!
 
Tons of people were dressed in silly costumes or wearing bright and fluorescent clothes. As you can see, props went swimming as well! It was definitely something I won't forget. I haven't decided whether or not it was worth the drive. Anyway, thanks for reading this chilly (I know that was cheesy) blog post. See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment