Friday, November 1, 2013

Getting Ready for...College?

Last Monday and Tuesday I went on a trip to the Washington DC area for a college trip. As a Junior in high school, the thought of college scares me. We visited 5 colleges in two days, and we had an very strict schedule. We went to Georgetown, George Washington, Catholic University, Johns Hopkins and Loyola. Georgetown and George Washington were very city orientated and were more focused on the political side of things due to its location in DC. They were nice schools, but Georgetown is very hard to get into and George Washinton didn't have a green scenery campus.  Catholic University reminded me too much of home! I want to try a new environment, and this one had very similar features to my hometown. I also didn't like the security system because we basically walked right into the dorms. It had more grass, but it just wasn't what I wanted. 
On day two, we visited John Hopkins, which I thought was amazing. It had a mixture if new technology and old style buildings. The campus was full of greenery and there was plenty of places to sit outside and study. The food was pretty good, which is also a bonus. they also had interactive classrooms as well as traditional classrooms. We were able to see people working in labs and research rooms. After that, we went to Loyola. It had a very nice campus, but the school was a bit on the smaller side. It has a small admissions rate, and more females than males( I'm trying to escape the all girls school). It also had a similar feeling of home because of the type of students who went there. 
In between looking at schools, I had a fun time goofying around with my friends. We tried to make the best of the bus rides and the spare time we had! 
Georgetown



No comments:

Post a Comment